Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sage Wisdom from Small Voices

It's amazing how my 4 (almost 5) year old daughter can be a handful of drama, a little clown, and a wise sage all in one little package. Like all children, she has her moments where she tests my patience, and yet there are other moments (one might even call them holy moments - not that all the other moments aren't in their own way "holy"), where she imparts wisdom beyond her years.

Today, she brought over to me a small rock which she held in her hand, and said, "This came from water from the God of Heaven. Help it grow. It's part of nature." And then she went into the other room where I heard her imparting more wisdom to any who would listen, "Nature is everything that grows...Everything comes from God....and I came from Life...From the Goddess everything grows. I am Isa, the goddess..."


Later, she walked over to me with water on her hand. Not knowing the purpose of the water, I wiped it off her hand, and she said, "Hey! That was my power!" (I couldn't help but chuckle.) Then she went back and got some more water on her hands, and came in and splashed it on me. I asked her, "Are you giving me some of your power?...or am i remembering my baptism?" to which she answered, "Yes." Perhaps the wisdom in this action was that her "power" was her baptism...her connection to the Divine, and she willingly shares this with any who will receive it whether through water, words, or actions.

One might be quick to discount this as a child's game or imagination, but when such wisdom comes from a child, I try to listen. And it makes me wonder...Am I in the presence of the Divine Feminine? Is She speaking to me through my child? Indeed, I am in Her presence. I always have been, and I always will be. And She speaks to me in ways large and small...She always has, and I hope She always will.







No comments:

Post a Comment